Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading. I post as often as I can listing upcoming events, interesting projects I am working on and some tips or two on using my favourite material - clay! If there is something you would like me to blog about, please send me a note. Please visit my website for more images of my work and an updated listing of events and happenings - http://www.taralynnefranco.com/


Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A morning at the Museum

Today I visited the Dundas Museum and Archives with clay and plastic wrap in hand. The purpose of today's visit was to take clay pressings of the collection of medals from the Bertram family. These pressings will become molds that I will use to create elements for the final tile. The Museum has a great collection medals the family received including medals the Bertrams received from the Rose Society of Ontario for the beautiful rose garden they maintained at their home. The collection also includes the Order of Canada Medal received by Dr. John Bertram Stirling in 1969, numerous awards received by Henry Bertram from the Ontario Rifle Association and awards won at various agricultural fairs in Canada and as far as Paris France.
There were a few members of the Bertram family that served in WW1 and WW2, some of whom died in battle and their medals are carefully preserved in the Museum's collection.

No comments: