Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading. I post as often as I can listing upcoming events, interesting projects I am working on and some tips or two on using my favourite material - clay! If there is something you would like me to blog about, please send me a note. Please visit my website for more images of my work and an updated listing of events and happenings - http://www.taralynnefranco.com/


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

countdown ... the final firings

I have finished making all the "parts" of the tile and am just waiting for the kiln to cool so I can unload it and then bisque fire the last set of parts and frames. I wonder if I made enough parts, however there comes a time when one just needs to move on, so I will have to wait and see. Next it will be glazing and firing the cone 6 parts and finally assembling all the pieces together and firing the final tile components to 04. My emotions are mixed from a bit of worry - how will they work out, will they crack, will I have enough parts - to the excitement of seeing the final product and seeing if there is something in there that I can use to enhance my work - and of course relief, that it will finally be done. I have missed working on my regular work and am anxious to do that and get my inventory up for orders and for the fall holiday season.

No comments: