Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading. I post as often as I can listing upcoming events, interesting projects I am working on and some tips or two on using my favourite material - clay! If there is something you would like me to blog about, please send me a note. Please visit my website for more images of my work and an updated listing of events and happenings - http://www.taralynnefranco.com/


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Red Deer Residency


It's been a long time since I posted but I hope to improve as I embark on a new journey in clay... My Red Deer Residency.

I've moved across the country to Red Deer Alberta where I've taken a post as the Ceramics Technician at Red Deer College in the Visual Arts department.  I have a fantastic state-of-the-art facility to work in as well as my own dedicated studio space to call my own. 

Red Deer College Throwing Room
Ceramics is headed up by Trudy Golley (www.alluvium.ca).


Aurora
Trudy Golley
I am looking forward to being inspired by Trudy, her work, and the many lectures and demonstrations she will give over the course of the next 9 months. I plan to do most, if not all of the projects she gives her classes as a way of trying out new techniques and new forms. 

Let the creative journey begin....

No comments: